|LABORATORIUM PIEŚNI - BIO
Laboratorium Pieśni (Song Laboratory) is the group of female singers from Tri-City (Poland), created in 2013.
Using traditional, polyphonic singing they perform songs from all over the world, mainly: Ukraine, Balkans, Poland, Belarus, Georgia, Scandinavia and many other places. They sing a capella as well as with shaman drums and other ethnic instruments (shruti box, kalimba, flute, gong, zaphir and koshi chimes, singing bowls, rattles etc.), creating a new space in a traditional song, adding voice improvisations, inspired by sounds of nature, often intuitive, wild and feminine.
The traditional songs are often brought from their source - different regions of Poland, Europe and world, by the members of the group - having their unique history and evolving in the course of work. Finally they are performed in a new form - traditional or enriched.
Laboratorium Pieśni is a winner of TRYTON PRIZE on FAMA Festival 2014 for the greatest artistic personality of the festival.
Laboratorium Pieśni, apart from singing and participation in festivals, is also conducting field researches, in order to find new-old music: trip to Albania - polyphonic songs (2014), research in Kashubian region - funeral songs (2013/2014), research in Lower Silesia region - carol singers rituals (winter 2013).
The group is also creating theatre performances, where they are using traditional songs to tell stories about disappearing rites: 'Pory Roku' (Seasons) 2013, 'Puste Noce - Pieśni, które już się kończą' (Empty Nights - Songs that have come to an end) 2014.
The founders of Laboratorium Pieśni: Alina Jurczyszyn – The Academy for Theater Practices 'Gardzienice' graduate and Kamila Bigus – The Stanislaw Moniuszko Academy of Music in Gdansk graduate, are leading the project called 'Akademia Laboratorium Pieśni (Academy of Song Laboratory) on the University of Gdansk, as well as organizing and leading workshops of traditional singing in other places. Laboratorium Pieśni is also a co-organizer of the festival Etnowiosnowisko.
Voices: Alina Jurczyszyn, Kamila Bigus, Lila Schally-Kacprzak, Iwona Majszyk, Magda Jurczyszyn, Klaudia Lewandowska, Alina Klebba, Karolina Stawiszyńska.
- in Gdansk Shakespeare Theatre (Gdańsk, Poland), Mazowieckie Centrum Kultury (Warsaw, Poland), Klub Żak (Gdańsk, Poland) - the play 'Puste Noce – Pieśni, które już się kończą',
- on Film and Art Festival Two Riversides (Kazimierz Dolny & Mięćmierz, Poland),
- on Dragon Folk Fest (Poznań, Poland),
- on Music Festival 'All Sides of the World' (Puławy, Poland),
- on traditional archery festival (Czmierniki, Poland),
- on Festival FAMA - winnig PRIZE TRYTON, founded by the Mayor of Świnoujście for the greatesr artistic personality of the festival (Świnoujście, Poland),
- in Fabryka Sztuk (Arts Factory) as a part of the European Night of Museums (Tczew, Poland),
- in Music Club Ucho (Gdynia, Poland),
- Etnowiosnowisko Festival (Gdańsk, Poland),
- Dharma Festival (Kożyczkowo, Poland),
- in the castle in Kętrzyn (Poland)
- on the opening of museum: Muzeum Żywe im. Jacka Olędzkiego (Nowe Kawkowo, Poland),
- on Summer Ethnographic Fair (Gdańsk, Poland),
- in University of Gdansk (Poland)
- on openings of exhibitions in The Department of Ethnography of National Musuem in Gdansk (Poland), and many other places.