|TEST - key
Snapshot pre-intermediate (units 6 and 7)
I. Put the verb in brackets in the past continuous or past simple. Wstaw wyraz z nawiasów w czasie
past continuous lub past simple.
0. She (wait) was waiting to pay for something when somebody (steal) stole her purse
1. Yesterday I was sitting (sit) on the ground when I saw (see) a friend.
2. What was she wearing (she/ wear) when you saw (see) her?
3. He was eating (eat) his dinner when I arrived (arrive).
4. As they were playing (play) tennis, they suddenly heard (hear) a scream.
5. He wasn’t going (not/go) fast when his car hit (hit) the tree.
II. Use the clues to write sentences in the present perfect. Napisz zdania w czasie present perfect wżywając podanych wskazówek.
0. (you/telephone/her/yet?) Have you telephone her yet?
1. (we/see/a brilliant film/just ) We have just seen a brilliant film.
2. (he/arrive/yet?) Has he arrived yet?
3. (I/not eat/my dinner /yet) I haven’t eaten my dinner yet.
4. (they/do their homework/just) They have just done their homework.
5. (she/tell me about it/already) She has already told me about it.
III. Complete the sentences with the most suitable preposition. Uzupełnij zdania podanymi przyimkami.
• across • along • down • from • into • past • over • through • towards • under • up
0. I saw Mrs Bell going into
the library yesterday.
1. We run through the very dark tunnel.
2. It’s hard to walk up the hill, but it’s easy to run down it.
3. It takes an hour to walk from my house to school.
4. The children crawled under the bed to hide.
5. Look for some steps leading down to the beach.
6. Walk through the village, past the Old Post Office until you see the gift shop.
7. Walk along this street as far as the bridge.
8. She saw a car coming towards her.
9. He dived into the water and swam across the river.
10. We walked over Tristan’s bridge.
IV. Underline the correct verb form. Zakreśl właściwą formę.
0. We moved/have moved to this house in 1998.
1. He just bought/’s just bought a car.
2 . Did you see/Have you seen this film yet?
3. I didn’t phone
her last night.
4 . I met/have met her three months ago.
5. Has she done/Did she do
the ironing yesterday?
V. Complete the questions with the correct tags. Uzupełnij zdania odpowiednimi question tags.
0. We’re in trouble, aren’t we?
1. She doesn’t smile very often
, does she?
2. They haven’t got a dog, have they?
3. He isn’t going to Ann’s house, is he?
4. We’ll see you tomorrow, won’t we?
5. You didn’t give her the money, did you?
6. She’s been to California, hasn’t she?
7. You don’t eat meat, do you?
8. The soup wasn’t very good, was it?
9. You are nervous, aren’t you?
10. She wasn’t in a good mood, was she?