1. The student has a high level of competence in the English language - understands the main ideas of various texts on both concrete and abstract topics, he/she also understands the discussion of topics related to public health;
2. The student can communicate in English using clear, detailed oral and written statements and explain his/her position in the matters being discussed, taking into consideration the advantages and disadvantages of different solutions;
3. Has and develops the ability to integrate theoretical knowledge with practice in the field of communication and teamwork;
4. Appreciates the diversity of views and their contribution to the overall picture of population health.
5. The student can work in a group on the strategy of a chosen problem of public health and has the knowledge of the principles of designing and writing reports and scientific papers in English.
evaluation of oral presentations, written assignments, in-class tests and evaluation of individual work, team work, group discussions
Form and conditions for the award of a credit
The final grade for Specialized English in Public Health is computed as follows. 30% for the average of all homework, including written assignments and quizzes. 30% for in-class participation and attendance. 40% for the final exam.
< 59% gives a 2
familiarize students with major issues of public health in the English language and develop the ability to use the English language within the discipline with the skilful use of specialist terms.
Recommended and required reading
articles published in English for European Public Health. A Specialised Course for Students and Professionals, Maastricht University Press 2007
- Materials developed by person running the course
- Other educational materials are provided to students during class