I. Wszystkie osoby (1 – 6) chciałyby nauczyć się czegoś nowego. Dopasuj do nich odpowiednie szkoły/kursy ( A – F). 6 PKT/ ____
1. ______ Ellen works for a multinational company with branches in most European countries. She really needs to learn French and German, but she has very little spare time and thinks it could be difficult to find time.
2. ______ Danny got his job as soon as he left school. He never had the chance to go to university. He isn’t very happy with his job, but he knows he can’t get a better one without a degree. He might try a part-time degree course if it’s not too demanding.
3. ______ Anne has a lot of time on her hands. She is a very creative person with a lot of imagination, which she doesn’t use very much right now. She already has a lot of hobbies, but she’d rather learn something new that would let her use her imagination.
4. ______ Peter doesn’t work; he looks after the children while his wife goes to work. He would like to do something for himself, learn something new or take up a new hobby, but he needs to stay at home.
5. ______ Riana is a school teacher. She teaches mathematics, but she has always been interested in art and culture. She takes a great interest in the philosophy and civilization of the East. She may go to Vietnam next year.
6. ______ Bill finds his life boring. He works nine to five, but has no other interests and would like to find something to do in the evening, maybe enroll on a course to learn something new, but nothing too demanding.
A The Language School Take courses in more than just languages! You can learn about the culture and the history of the countries where the languages we teach are spoken! We specialize in less common languages spoken in Asia and the Far East.
B The Internet School We offer a variety of courses in over a hundred different subjects from accounting to interior design. You don’t have to attend classes: all courses are offered 100 % online. A certificate is mailed to you when you have finished.
C Professional Communication Languages courses in most European languages at all levels, from beginner to advanced. Most of the coursework can be done online and you only need to attend classes once a fortnight on any evening. Ideal for busy professionals.
D Access to Education We have courses in economics, business administration and management, leading to a degree. The course programme is extremely flexible, ideal for working students, and uses a combination of online study and face-to-face tutorials. You may attend at a time that is convenient for you.
E The Writing Centre The Centre offers creative writing courses and workshops for people who are interested in a career as a writer. Lessons are two or three times a week. You must choose between writing a short story or a novel.
F The Music Academy We’ve just introduced part-time courses in Jazz singing and/or playing the guitar specially for adults! All lessons take place in the evening. Courses for both beginners and more advanced students are available!
Dopasuj podkreślone w tekście słowa do ich definicji. 6 PKT/ ____
7. lessons with one or two students to discuss a subject ___________
8. a document to say you have completed a course successfully ___________
9. the qualification you get after completing your studies at university ___________
10. local shops or offices of a larger organization ___________
11. put your name down to do a course ___________
12. meetings in which people learn by discussing or taking parts in activities ___________
ZNAJOMOŚĆ KONSTRUKCJI GRAMATYCZNYCH
II. Zakreśl prawidłową odpowiedź. 6 PKT/ ___
1. Tori gave the wallets to the police officer. She had come across / gone down with it in the street.
2. Which jacket will go with / will come up with my new skirt?
3. My parents haven’t got round to / taken to my new boyfriend. He’s much older than me.
4. Tom didn’t want to go out with Rachel. Her smoking took him back / put him off.
5. The ATC company has just gone along with a new fashion magazine / brought a new fashion magazine out.
6. Did you hear about the boy who stole a computer game?
No, I didn’t. How did he get away with it / go down with it ?
III. Uzupełnij zdania. W każdą lukę należy wpisać tylko jeden wyraz. 7 PKT/ ___
1. Tom said he a) __________ leaving the b) __________ week.
2. Harry c) __________ me that she d) __________ returned from Sweden e) __________ month before.
3. Susan said that she f) __________ volleyball every day.
4. The teacher said that she g) __________ bring our tests the next day.
IV. Przetłumacz na język angielski podane w nawiasach fragmenty zdań. 10 PKT/ ___
1. The Browns (mieszkają) _______________ in an old cottage. They (mieszkają) ______________ there for two years.
2. Chris (jest) ______________ unemployed since he (stracił) ______________ his jobs four months ago.
3. Tom has just made an appointment. He (spotka się) _______________ Brenda on Monday morning.
4. It was a quiet family evening and we (nie czekaliśmy) _______________ for anybody when we heard the doorbell.
5. I’d like to tell you something but it’s a secret.
It’s OK. I (nie powiem) _______________ anybody!
6. Before they got to the airport, the plane (już wystartował) _________________ .
7. I’m exhausted. I (biegałam) ________________ in the park since early in the morning.
Please give your homework to Mrs. Jones by 3.30 today because Mr. Field is ill
1. a) You can give your homework to Mr. Fields tomorrow.
b) 3.30 is the latest you should hand in your homework.
c) Mrs. Jones is taking homework at 3.30.
Celebrities will explain difficulties of being famous
2. The article will talk about:
a) the advantages of success.
b) how famous people aren’t always successful.
c) why life can be hard for famous people.
Shall we see that scary film? – Frank says it’s marvelous but Jane says it’s dreadful. Should be interesting!
3. a) Let’s go to the film with Frank and Jane.
b) Let’s see a frightening film.
c) What films are on at the cinema?
Found tickets for the opera. Starts 8.30.
Pick you up at 7 – 7.30?
4. a) Let’s leave for the opera before 7.
b) Let’s leave at 7.30 to buy tickets.
c) I have the tickets. Let’s leave after 7.
A computer club is set up in village hall.
I might go if you’re interested. Ring me!
5. a) Phone me to say if you’d like to try a new computer club.
b) Turn up at the village hall if you want to meet me.
c) I’m definitely going to a new computer club. Are you coming?
IX. Uzupełnij tekst wpisując w każdą lukę jedno słowo. Dla ułatwienia podano ilość liter. 10 PKT/ ____
Sports? Why not?
Do the following words sound familiar? ‘My job prevents me 1. ___ ___ ___ ___ going to a gym.’ ‘I love walking but I don’t have the 2. ___ ___ ___ ___ because I am extremely busy.’ ‘I am not a sporty type!’ Well, no more excuses. Scientists believe that more and more people don’t exercise 3. ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ . In fact, most people in cities are 4. ___ ___ overweight that their health is at risk. A large number of them will suffer serious health problems 5. ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ they eat less and start exercising. Is it really 6. ___ ___ ___ ___ a difficult decision? Not really. There are so many ways you can keep 7. ___ ___ ___ .
Join the local gym or try any sport you like. You’ll soon discover the one you like most. But don’t get over-excited. 8. ___ ___ ___ much exercise may cause injuries. Remember – nobody expects you to take 9. ___ ___ ___ ___ in competitions or hold the world 10. ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ . Just take it easy and enjoy it.
X. Podkreśl właściwe słowo. 8 PKT/ ____
Ellen felt tired. She had just completed a long 1. journey / trip from Venezuela. After a seven-hour flight, she was back at Heathrow airport in London. Ellen waited for her suitcase and thought about her holiday.
She had really liked the hotel, 2. in particular / in detail the long sandy beach. One of the waiters had been very 3. friendly / sympathetic. He had explained the local 4. customs / habits to Ellen and had 5. lent / borrowed her a guidebook. On the last day of her holiday he’d asked her to take a parcel to some of his friends in London. It was a small parcel, and it wasn’t heavy, so Ellen 6. had agreed / had accepted to take it.
Ellen picked up her suitcase and walked towards customs. ‘Do you have anything to declare?’ asked a uniformed man. ‘No’, she replied. The customs official began to 7. check / control her luggage. 8. Eventually / Possibly he came across the small parcel. ‘What’s in the packet?’ he asked. Ellen began to explain as he carefully opened it. Inside was a big surprise.
XI. Uzupełnij zdania podanymi poniżej wyrażeniami (a – g). 7 PKT/ ____
a) coastline b) forest c) valley d) cliffs e) lake f) hill g) stream
1. The Atlantic … in Cornwall is dangerous, but also very interesting. The high … overlooking many of the beaches are quite dramatic and beautiful.
2. Donna ran to the top of the grassy … and looked out across the green … below. The sun shone on the surface of the … where several people were swimming.
3. We set up camp near a small … in the middle of the … . We could hear the wildlife all around us, but it was difficult to see anything through the trees.
WIEDZA NA TEMAT KULTURY KRAJÓW ANGLOJĘZYCZNYCH
XII. Uzupełnij tabelę podanymi poniżej wyrażeniami. 15 PKT/ ____
A) a) Eureka Tower b) Willis Towers c) St. James’ Palace
B) a) Rio Grande b) Mackenzie c) Trent
C) a) Huron b) Windermere c) Torrens
D) a) Terra Nova b) Everglades c) Uluru Kata Tjuta