I. Przeczytaj tekst ‘The Vikings’, następnie zdecyduj czy podane poniżej zdania są prawdziwe (TRUE), czy fałszywe (FALSE). 10 PKT / ____
The Vikings were Scandinavians from Norway, Sweden and Denmark. They were strong and tall, with fair hair and blue eyes. The word Viking means pirate, and the Vikings sailed to Britain over 1,200 years ago to steal gold, silver and land. They had fantastic ships which carried up to 200 people. On 1 November 866, Vikings attacked York, and they called the city Jorvik. Many Vikings came to Jorvik and lived there with their families.
In the 1970s, archaeologists found a lot of information about Viking life under a street in the centre of York. The Jorvik Viking Centre opened on this site in 1984. We now know that the Vikings liked music, and they played board games and dice games. They ate meat and lots of fish, fruit and vegetables. They also made bread and they drank beer. Viking women wore long dresses, and the men wore shirts and trousers. Everybody wore jewellery.
The Vikings were great explorers – Britain wasn’t the only country they visited. Some Vikings went east through Europe to Asia, or south to Africa. Others sailed west to Iceland, Greenland and North America. A Viking called Leif Eriksson sailed across the Atlantic 500 years before Christopher Columbus!
1. The Vikings came to Britain a thousand years ago. __________
2. They had fantastic tiny boats. __________
3. Lots of Vikings lived in York after 866. __________
4. The Vikings enjoyed music. __________
5. They were vegetarians. __________
6. They drank coffee. __________
7. Viking men wore skirts and trousers. __________
8. Viking women wore jewellery. __________
9. Some Vikings went to Africa. __________
10. Others sailed west to South America. __________
ZNAJOMOŚĆ KONSTRUKCJI GRAMATYCZNYCH
II. Uzupełnij zdania wpisując w luki a, an, the, lub / - /. 7 PKT / ____
1. I’ve got _____ MP3 player.
2. There’s _____ youth club in our town and I sometimes go there after _____ school.
3. What’s _____ title of Shakira’s new album?
4. We usually go to _____ snack bar and have _____ lunch there.
5. Excuse me! Where’s _____ railway station?
III. Popraw w zdaniach podkreślone fragmenty. 8 PKT / ____
1. Sam bought two beautiful bookshelf. _______________
2. Are there a cupboard in the kitchen? _______________
3. How many homework have you got? _______________
4. There is any milk in the fridge. _______________
5. This are Susan’s toys. _______________
6. What is she’s name? _______________
7. The Multi – Car Company has twenty red lorrys. _______________
8. There aren’t some American students in my class. _______________